Flax Seed: The Natural Approach to Joint Pain
Getting to Your Root Causes!!
This blog is a story written by a 25-year old engineering student, who got his back injured very badly:
Thank you for introducing me to Flax seed oil capsules. Of lately, I re-injured my back (an injury that took place while playing football in the college). Though I never went to a doctor for the injury, after a slight search on the internet, I figured out that I had got herniated disk in my lower back (which is referred to a condition that can crop up anywhere along the spine, but most frequently occurs in the lower back; at times, called a bulging, obtruding, or ruptured disk and is one of the most common reasons behind lower back pain, as well as sciatica or leg pain).
In addition, I had a sharp pain in my leg because of, what I suppose, the strain on the sciatic nerve from the herniated disk. The pain was so pooooor… that I ended up missing my family to get together as well and spent my whole time yawning in pain. SUCH A GRIEF AND HELPLESS I WAS!!
Generally, it takes at least 7 days for the pain to leave. I was facing huge trouble sitting, walking, and while carrying out my daily activities. Even sitting or the slightest bending was resulting in a lot of pain. One fine day, I read a post at HealthDiva website about Flax seed oil in the relief of joint pain, which aptly changed my painful life into pain-free one.
I instantly rushed for HealthDiva’s Flax seed oil capsule (30 days course). From the very next day, there was a relief in my pain and after 10 days, there was no pain at all. I was able to bend over and touch my toes with only the slightest pain. The day after that, I was back to normal. I thought the pain would come back, but it didn’t. From then onwards, I was just taking my normal two flaxseed oil capsules [per day] and my life was going smoothly. Apart from relief from joint pain, I was getting other health benefits as well. It was a totally wonderful experience.
Little about Flax seeds:
The flaxseed is acclaimed for its nutritive composition as it is comprised of a high level of dietary fibre, copious micro-nutrients and is loaded with polyphenolic antioxidants. Flax seed has a very low content of carbs, making it just perfect for individuals who limit their consumption of starches and sugars. Its blend of healthy fat and high fibre content makes it a good food for weight loss as well. If you take flax seed on a daily basis, it will greatly improve your blood sugar if you’re suffering from diabetes. In addition, it is thought to prevent excessive inflammation resulting in joint pain.
As a matter of fact, Flax seed is one of the world’s oldest superfoods. They are helpful in improving your skin and hair health; fighting cancer; keeping your heart healthy; lowering down your cholesterol levels and helps you lose weight effectively. Yet, they barely look exciting. Small and brown coloured with no smell, no one can presume that they are such great reservoirs of nutrients and valuable for health and well-being. Flax seed is the #1 source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and lignans in our diets. They are also a vital warehouse of minerals such as magnesium, manganese as well as vitamin B1, fibre, and protein.
Who knew such a tiny, low-priced seed could be so potent and efficacious, right? Just make sure you get acquainted with a few tips in order that you may achieve greatest benefits from it as soon as possible…
NOTE: Flax seed is also Gluten-free. Do you know? Most grains you take in are rich in gluten, like wheat. Flax, in contrast, is low in gluten. This signifies that Flax seed is anti-inflammatory and lowers down inflammation in any body part. Individuals experiencing celiac ailments and auto-immune diseases can thereby incorporate Flax in their diet without any difficulty.
If you suffer from chronic pain regularly; then you may be surprised to learn that you can help curtail your pain via your food choices. Yes that’s correct, what you may be eating indirectly adds to your sufferings of chronic pain, and on the rear side, you can prefer to include certain foods that may help relieve pain. These include:
- Fruits and Veggies: Including cherries, strawberries, grapes, red and green bell peppers, and cayenne peppers. (These peppers are composed of a special ingredient named capsaicin, which can help relieve joint pain. Green leafy veggies such as spinach, beans and legumes greatly contribute to the magnesium content of your daily diet; which is directly related to the pain-relieving action. Apart from relaxing your nerve endings and muscles, it also alleviates the stiffness and pain in your bones. Also, it mineralizes your bones thus accentuating the bone density.
- Other foods rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: Including walnuts, olive oil (which can also help lessen joint rigidity and pain). As with the omega-3 fats present in salmon and other fish, these helps in minimizing inflammation in the body. Green tea and dark chocolate tend to exert powerful anti-inflammatory properties and contain natural inflammation fighters, including antioxidants.
- Herbs and spices: Ginger, curry, and turmeric may be the great additions for lowering your joint pain.
- Whole grains: Brown rice and quinoa.
- Try extra virgin olive oil: It contains oleocanthal that delays the production of inflammatory enzymes (COX 1 and COX 2), thus decreasing the soreness in your joints. Avoid heating the oil as heating may obliterate the pain-alleviating effects of the oil.
Flaxseed capsules, without any doubt, are a magic bullet against multiple numbers of ailments including “JOINT PAIN”. Now, no more “OUCH; AHHH”; just reap in its magical benefits and add 2 caps to your daily regime. If you wish to talk about its usage, dose or product reviews, you can visit us @ HealthDiva.
We are always there to help you!!
Read Our Other Blog: Green Tea Health Benefits